Sub-fund to the BLPDF - Brownfield Land and Property Development Fund
The Brownfield Land & Property Development Fund (BLPDF) has allocated £3.7 million to use within the Telford and Wrekin geography, to enable the unlocking of sites to use for housing.
Formally created by the West Midland Combined Authority (WMCA), the Brownfield Land and Property Development Fund (BLPDF) is deployed though a grant funding, with commercial investment potentially provided through the Collective Investment Fund (CIF).
- To regenerate brownfield sites across Telford and Wrekin.
- Includes new Builds and/or conversions of existing buildings.
- Schemes to be complete by December 2023.
- Minimum 5 units to be developed.
- Regenerating brownfield site or previously developed land.
- Extant Planning Consent.
- Located in the Telford and Wrekin Council’s administrative area.
- Stalled site is due to viability and abnormal ground conditions.
- Meets regeneration and housing priorities within the Borough.
- Freehold interest or long lease (minimum of 125 years) of the land.