As of 1st April 2018 Frontier Development Capital, an appointed representative of Finance Birmingham Limited, has been introducing investments to the fund.
Supporting the West Midlands long term growth and stability
The WMCA Collective Investment Fund (WMCA CIF) supports the acceleration of commercial property developments within the West Midlands area. It is a revolving fund that aims to underpin the region’s long term growth and stability.
Created by the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) the fund is open to property developers within the WMCA geography.
- Funding for developers located within the West Midlands Combined Authority area.
- Investment from £1m to £7m.
- Eligible projects include: commercial, light industrial and residential regeneration opportunities (residential as part of a mixed scheme).
- A revolving fund that recognises there is significant demand for real estate regeneration growth capital.
- Bringing inward investment, employment to the region, accelerating site regeneration and supporting strong cities and diverse town centres.
- Terms and fees will apply.
- Known or referenced developers with a successful and proven track record.
- Strategic brownfield regeneration sites that are unlikely to be redeveloped in the short term via normal capital markets.
- Sectors – commercial, industrial, offices and residential.
- Minimum funding £1m to maximum £7m.
- Funding may be on a senior debt, mezzanine or equity basis, will be fully secured where possible and on commercial rates to allow the project to proceed.
- Maximum repayment term – 4 years.