FDC (company number 09967393) is registered by the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller under registration number ZA249893.
What Information We Collect About You
Only information necessary for the ongoing operation and future development of the business will be collected and held. This includes:
- Clients and prospective clients – information you give us when you engage with us and apply for funding.
- Employees and directors – personal information so that FDC can discharge its employment and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) registration obligations.
How We Will Use The Information About You
Depending on the nature of the consent to hold information, FDC will use it for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide our funding services to you
- To provide data to funders
- To aid in the prevention and detection of fraud
- For registration and accreditation purposes
- Employee matters including payroll
This means that the legal basis for us processing your personal information described above will typically be the following:
- Because it is necessary to fulfil a contract that we have in place with you
- The processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations
- For our legitimate business interests
Who We Will Share Your Personal Information With
We will only share personal data with third parties where we are legally permitted to do so. We do not provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes, and we do not undertake mailings for third parties. Where we transfer personal data to third parties, we will put in place appropriate arrangements and seek to ensure that there are appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect personal data.
We may provide personal data to:
- Third parties who provide IT services to support our business such as server maintenance, security and information back up, and cloud based software providers
- Payment service providers who provide services for sending and receiving payments
- Professional advisors who need it to provide advice and services to us
- Our funding partners
- Compliance and regulatory bodies such as the FCA , the police, the courts and any other central or local government bodies where they request it and we may lawfully disclose it, for example for the prevention and detection of crime
- Other people who make a subject access request to us, where we are allowed to do so by law
We also share the information we process where we are legally obliged to do so, for example to comply with a court order.
How We Store Your Personal Information
We only store your personal information in the UK and our suppliers do not send personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
How Long We Store Your Personal Information
FDC will only retain your personal information for as long as there is a lawful basis. Once that period has expired, we will make every effort to discard information no longer needed.
If you withdraw your consent and there is no lawful basis for us to retain it, then we will stop processing that personal information and delete or destroy it.
If we have anonymised your personal information or aggregated it in a way that you can no longer be identified from it, then we will continue to keep and use this anonymised information.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include:
- The right to request access to your personal information (“a subject access request”)
- To update your personal data held on our records
- To erase or restrict your personal information where it is no longer needed for the purpose it was obtained
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of your other rights.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us using the details set out in the “contacting us” section below with the subject line “personal information request”.
In your request, please supply the following details:
- First name and surname
- Name of business
- Address and postcode
- Details of the right you wish to exercise, the information you seek or the amendments you wish us to make to our records
- Proof of identity – a document which contains a signature, such as a passport
This information will enable us to quickly identify and deal with your request.
Phone: 0345 319 4528
Address: Frontier Development Capital Limited, 45 Church Street, Birmingham, B3 2RT
We will do our very best to answer any questions and resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. If, however, you feel we do not meet your expectation you have the right to complain to the UK’s supervisory authority – The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), telephone 0303 123 1113.